Thursday 22nd November Phyllis Court Members Club
We are so excited to be hosting for another year the very special Henley NSPCC Christmas Fair at Phyllis Court. Special thanks to our sponsor Knight Frank for printing all our 2000 invitations that went out two weeks ago. If you would like to be send an invitation, just subscribe to our mailing list Info. Also, special thanks to Lulu’s Marquees, Ri Web for hosting our website and Rupert House School for contributing with the beautiful choir.
Jane Warby and Ana Sidders are organising this fantastic event this year. All the stall holders were carefully selected to make sure that this will be a very different shopping experience.
This is what it is in our itinerary of the day:
- The Henley NSPCC Christmas Fair, held at beautiful riverside Phyllis Court, is the perfect place for you to meet your friends for a lovely day out and buy all your Christmas presents at the same time – we love to contribute to your work/life balance! There is lots of free parking, and Gary will be delighted to drive you from the visitors’ car park to the entrance, completely free, in his smart London taxi – all courtesy of our sponsors, Knight Frank, who have also given generously to offset our other expenses, as have local Henley marquee company Lulu’s.
- The fair starts at 9 am, with 38 amazing stalls showcasing everything you need for the whole family…and maybe that little extra something just for you!
- Just as you are ready for a (short!) rest from shopping at about 10.30, tea, coffee and biscuits will become available from the bar (it’s right there in the event room!), followed by a light lunch with a choice of sandwiches and salad from 12…
- if you’re around for the Rupert House carol singers around 10.30ish so you will get an extra injection of Christmas cheer.
- All the stallholders will give 10% of their takings to the NSPCC, apart from the NSPCC stall selling homemade chutneys, jams and baked goods, which gives 100%!
- The prizes for the raffle (100% to the NSPCC again!) are a beautiful array of Christmas hampers, which will be given out at about 3.30 – be there to get first choice if your lucky ticket is drawn!
- We forgot to mention the entrance fee of £5, which hasn’t changed for at least 10 years, and 100% of which is a straight donation to the NSPCC. We will have to send you away when the fair ends at 4 pm, but the good news is that Gary will be there to drive you back to your car with all the loot you have acquired during the day.
If you are curious to know who is going to be part of the Fair, follow us on Facebook @nspcchenleyonthames or our new Instagram page @henleynspcc, discover all our stall holders, conscious or local promoting more sustainable ways for shopping. We 💗 them!
We are one of the only local charities members of the CFA, Charity Fair Association . Make sure that the one that you are going to this Christmas, is a regulated charity or fundraiser.